Monday 23 November 2009

Nosheen Iqbal




Nosheen Iqbal's wood and textile art makes me happy. I love mixed media, when people experiment with different textures and modern and traditional techniques. Her embroidered wood reminds me of Monika Jarg's wonderful carpets that I showed you earlier, enhanced this time with the colour of paint, pigments and thread.
Go and explore this London-based, Dallas-born designer, illustrator and visual artist's blog and shop. Her beautiful embroidered bamboo brooches would make lovely Christmas gifts.

Found via Smaller

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful. I saw an artist at the Knitting and Stitching Show last weekend doing something similar, stitching in wood and the result is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this - it speaks straight to my heart. Thanks for the links :) K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!